Korean Reinsurance Switzerland AG
Actuary (Reserving & Quantitative Risk Management)
80% – 100% position
About Korean Re Switzerland
Korean Re Switzerland (rated ‘A stable’ by S&P) is a 100% subsidiary of Korean Re Seoul, the 10th largest reinsurance group in the world with more than USD 7.0bn of premium. Korean Re Switzerland’s mission is to build on Korean Re’s long-standing track-record in Europe and to expand Korean Re`s footprint in the European reinsurance market. We are committed to providing reinsurance services of the highest possible standards to deliver value for our clients, shareholders, and employees and ultimately support their growth and prosperity. For more information about us and our team, please visit www.koreanre.ch.
We aim to become a relevant agile long-term partner for all core placements of our clients in all non-life lines of business. Korean Re Switzerland offers a vibrant and fast-moving environment with a capable and highly motivated team. We live an empowered corporate culture with a strong team spirit backed by the exciting long-term ambition and the support of a large and well-established parent company.
About your role
We are looking for a Reserving Actuary and Quantitative Risk Modeler who looks after the quarterly reserving, performs the annual Swiss Solvency Test and ORSA calculations and is involved in the technical aspects of the financial budgeting and forecasting process. This is your chance to join a highly motivated and forward-looking team in an entrepreneurial setting in which you can make a real difference by expanding Korean Re’s knowledge, capabilities and increasing our future footprint in the European markets as a “Value-creating Reinsurance Leader”.
In your role you are instrumental in insourcing and setting up of the SST models and tools and the reserving process from our external partner. Subsequently, you will be responsible for the performance of future SST and ORSA calculations as well as the quarterly closing. In this role you will work closely with the underwriting, claims and finance teams and report to senior management on a regular basis. Furthermore, you are also the main point of contact regarding SST, ORSA and reserving for Korean Re`s head office in Seoul.
Given the entrepreneurial and dynamic local setup, you will also have the chance to contribute to the development of tools and strategic initiatives and to work on a wider range of topics to further broaden your horizon and get a deep insight into the whole value chain of a reinsurance company.
About you and you skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in reserving and SST modelling, preferably in a reinsurance setup
- Team spirit, creativity, ability to communicate clearly, have fun and willingness to take ownership
- Interest to work in newly established company in a small multi-cultural cross-functional team
- Very good knowledge of Excel is required, ideally you also have SQL and R knowledge. Any further programming ability is beneficial.
- English language is required, additional European languages are a plus
- Open to develop into other actuarial fields (in particular pricing)
- University degree in mathematics, physics, statistics, economics or other relevant quantitative field. Ideally you are on track to become a qualified actuary or will be qualified shortly.
If the above sounds appealing to you and you are ready to take on a role where you can really make a difference, please submit your CV and application file to Click to send email.
- Korean Reinsurance Switzerland AG
Mr Sven Siegin
+41 43 336 20 73