Hobson Prior are looking for an Analytical Assistant to join a drug discovery and development company who concentrates on developing antibody-based drugs for the treatment of inflammatory diseases, immune-related disorders and cancer. This is a permanent position based in Geneva.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- To perform post manufacturing stability studies and compatibility studies, generate associated documentation and interpret results.
- Support in documentation review/writing for stability programs (working documents, protocols, reports, presentations …).
- Partake in validation work with a sound understanding of method validation procedures. Generate associated data and interpret results.
- Support (design/perform/participate …, as appropriate) analytical investigations linked to the job purpose, if required.
- Perform QC check of data generated by operators involved in stability testing.
- Support operators in results interpretation and continuous improvement in data generation.
- Accountable for the ANA Lab equipment assigned.
- Perform internal routine maintenance and calibration of ANA Lab equipment assigned.
- Act as person of contact for external annual maintenance/troubleshooting/ calibration/IQ-00 (as appropriate) of ANA Lab equipment assigned.
- Manage associated documentation.
- Act as back up responsible for the equipment assigned.
- Any other assigned duties.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proactive, conscientious and rigorous.
- Ability to create and maintain good relationship with colleagues, lab suppliers and external contractors.
- Planning and self-organisation to complete the main activities and responsibilities in a timely fashion.
- Advanced technician’s certificate or bachelor’s degree in biotechnology, or equivalent.
- At least 3-5 years plus experience in pharmaceutical/biotech company or equivalent.
- Good overall knowledge of GMP, understand current quality system and H&S procedures and apply them in the daily work.
- Fluent in French, technical level in spoken and written English.
- Software: Microsoft Office, Empower, Gen5, iCE software, Karat32, PharmSpec, SoloVPE, Oceasoft, Graphpad.
- HPLC/UPLC: size exclUSion, reverse phase/hydrophobic interactions, ionexchange, protein A (if required), boronate (if required).
- Electrophoresis: 50S-PAGE (including densitometry), lEF, capillary (iclEF, ce-50S).
- ELISA-based methods: LAL, HCP, Prot A, qPCR, Proximity Ligation Assay, if required.
- European Pharmacopoeia methods: Sub-visible particles counting, pH measurement, visual assessment (visible particles, colour, opalescence of solutions).
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click “Apply” and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select “Contact me” at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.