Our client, a leading global company based in Zurich, is looking for a proactive, collaborative assistant to support the Global Head of Finance and his core team. Our client does not settle for people who can just do the job; they are looking for people who go above and beyond and always strive to be better than yesterday. You will work alongside and learn from inspiring people who make your work varied and interesting every day.
Assistant to Global Head of Finance
As our ideal candidate, you embrace working in a dynamic and demanding office environment. This position is not just a 1:1 support role; rather, it is a diversified position within a great team, where no day is the same. Although the main element of the role will be providing support to the Global Head of Finance, you will also be happy to assist his leadership colleagues with enthusiasm and flexibility. You don’t mind being the contact for more than one person, and you have the potential to grow and take on more responsibility in your role.
Your core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting interactions between the global head’s office and his core team by providing high quality, effective, and confidential administrative support.
- Managing all travel arrangements, obtaining tickets, and visas where required and booking accommodation.
- Proactive and efficient diary management, scheduling of recurring routine meetings.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring that agendas/papers are prepared. You will be responsible for disseminating information either in advance or after the meeting and following up necessary actions with those responsible to ensure that agreed steps are promptly carried out.
- Maintaining contact with executives and key partners, including setting up video calls and meetings as required.
- Handling incoming communications and preparing and issuing responses where appropriate.
- Assisting with the preparation, drafting, and production of documentation for executive team meetings.
- Handling of invoices and purchase orders when necessary.
- Organization of executive off-site events, including venue hire and catering.
- Organizing and prioritizing work efficiently to ensure the office’s smooth running on a day-to-day basis, including identifying opportunities to improve administrative procedures and taking the initiative to suggest ways of working more efficiently.
Your key characteristics
- With great interpersonal skills, you are a keen team player, credible and authentic in a fast-paced, challenging environment, able to engage with people at all levels.
- You are an advocate for working collaboratively and pursuing joint goals across multiple functions, bringing teams together at the right time to guarantee successful outcomes.
- You are energetic and passionate, with a can-do approach to your work.
- You are comfortable with change and ambiguity, and you can prioritize conflicting and competing demands.
- You are committed to maintaining the highest professional standards appropriate to the responsibilities of holding a gatekeeper role.
Education, skills, and abilities
To be a successful candidate for this role you have completed a commercial apprenticeship. You should have natural gravitas and meticulous attention to detail, and the following attributes are also required.
- 6+ years assistance experience with international exposure in a corporate environment (ideally IT, consultancy, or professional services) and/or qualifications in business administration.
- English and German at either mother tongue or level C2 according to the Common European Framework of Languages.
- Advanced MS-Office skills, including Teams with an ability to learn other programs (digitally savvy).
- Top-notch organizational skills with a focus on detail and accuracy.
- Outstanding skills in time management, prioritizing tasks and following up on project deadlines.
- Highly confidential work is involved, so complete discretion and integrity are required.
- Ability to manage a fast-paced, constantly changing business environment, responding efficiently to high-pressure situations.
- Ability to work effectively and autonomously.
- International outlook and forward-thinking attitude, with a high sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
Your career development is important to our client, and when you do choose to move on to your next role, they want you to be more prepared for advancement than when you joined them. If this sounds like something you are interested in, then please forward a cover letter, resume, references, and copies of your qualifications to the attention of Ute Barnickel at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting «EA-GHF».
?Barnickel & Fellows | Hofackerstrasse 32 | CH-8032 Zürich | +41 44 269 50 25
BARNICKEL & FELLOWS
Frau Ute Barnickel