TMH International AG are active in the engineering, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of rolling stock for railways.
To face the growing challenges of quality and on-time-delivery for all TMH businesses, a new position Chief Quality reporting to the CEO is being created. The role necessitates travel and spending considerable time in Russia.
The Chief Quality will lead the operational excellence program portfolio across the company. This is a hands-on leadership role responsible for all aspects of Quality at TMH. As a member of the Executive Committee, the Chief Quality will provide strategic and operational leadership for the direction, planning, execution and conduct of quality objectives, projects, and continuous improvement programs.
Areas of operational performance include process improvement efforts, implementation of quality assurance & control for processes, projects, suppliers, engineering and manufacturing, cost reduction initiatives, and leading teams through large-scale change management activities. The role will use leadership and lean manufacturing skill sets to drive both revenue and cost improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops & leads Total Quality / Business Excellence programs according to international standards, certifications and methodologies (EFQM, IRIS, DFQ, etc.).
- Standardizes Methods & tools across Group countries and locations
- Implements quality assurance & control for processes, projects, suppliers, engineering and manufacturing.
- Designs Lean manufacturing (VSM Quality Opportunity – cross Business; Share services Management, etc) toolkit & training. Coaches & leads directly shop floor projects world-wide.
- Coordinates Customer Care activities in the Group. Cross Business Customer interface- driving improvement, including putting Customer problem solving under control with significant time reduction for resolution.
- Leads Suppliers quality surveillance, qualification & continuous process improvement programs.
- Serves as the Quality Management Representative and primary point of contact with the Company’s Notified Body, worldwide regulators and external auditors/investigators
- Creates and manages competence network in Quality globally (including Black & Green Belt) focusing on expertise and leadership, transfer of experience, knowledge and competence.
- Leads process & tools governance, performance network (including planning) and ensure consistency, optimization and deployment of quality management system including referential CMMI.
- Contributes to recruiting, retaining and developing outstanding teams on a global level. Coaches teams to achieve high performance, client focused culture.
- Actively supports compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering or other science. Master’s degree and/or auditor (IRIS) qualifications a plus.
Knowledge and experience
- International experience in the transportation industry a plus. Railway industry/services highly desired.
- Strategic Quality System Management experience with demonstrated success in achieving targeted cost of non quality reductions.
- Must have strong working knowledge of manufacturing /maintenance facilities, equipment, operations and management.
- Experience with developing, implementing and monitoring continuous improvement strategies and performance metrics (Six Sigma ;Lean Manufacturing Six Quality Focus, etc.); in emerging countries a plus.
- Progressive and demonstrated record of leadership and managing quality organizations and establishing long term strategic growth initiatives.
- Working knowledge of project management tools and techniques preferred.
- Languages: Russian and English mandatory, other languages a plus.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, motivational, analytical problem-solving and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to build cross-functional partnerships and engage in and lead cross-functional teams and initiatives
- Strong change management skills and experience
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills
- Decisive hands-on leader accustomed to a fast-paced environment with dynamic priorities and demands
- Communicator with the ability to influence, develop and maintain relationship at all levels
- Team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and ability to spend considerable time in Russia and travel extensively to Hungary, Germany and Egypt