Who we are
RepRisk is a rapidly-growing global company and a pioneer in the field of ESG data science. Our goal is to make the world a better place by creating transparency in the business world – we drive positive change via the power of data. We combine AI and machine learning with human intelligence to analyze public information and identify environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risks. We serve as a reality check for how companies conduct their business around the world – do they walk their talk when it comes to human rights, labor standards, corruption, and environmental issues?
Legal Specialist, Contracts (60-100%)
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Start Date: by agreement
As a Legal Specialist, you will be part of the Legal team, working closely with the Sales and Marketing and other teams at RepRisk, to review and negotiate English-language contracts between RepRisk and its clients and partners and occasionally suppliers and other third parties, under Swiss or other laws as may apply. This role offers exciting opportunities to gain additional exposure to several legal areas such as contract law, copyright, personal data protection laws, etc., and to take ownership of contract matters. It can be offered as a full-time or a part-time role, depending on the candidate’s preference, and is also suitable for someone wishing to work remotely for a portion of the time. No/little travel should be required. This role requires a hands-on approach, including direct participation in contract negotiations and drafting, and proactive improvement of legal templates and associated workflows in the company.
- Review and revise contracts with clients, partners, or other third parties; participate in legal negotiations via telephone / in person as required
- Identify and assess legal risk areas, provide recommendations to business counterparts, and coordinate business decisions on such risks
- Keep track of recurrent negotiation points, help to define internal standard negotiation positions, and periodically review standard contract templates to close any loopholes and/or improve terms’ adoption rates
- Coach team members across the company on contract legal terms to improve legal literacy
- Assist in ensuring company’s continued compliance with data protection regulations
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in law. Other academic credentials, combined with relevant work experience, may be considered
- At least three years of contract negotiation and / or contract management experience; experience in software or data industries, intellectual property matters, or working with subscription-based products would be a plus
- Full fluency in English and legal English is required. Any other major business languages, in particular German or French, would be a plus
- A highly organized and detailed-oriented work approach, with a strong ability to prioritize matters in a fast-paced environment and deliver to deadlines, working independently and taking ownership
- Experience as a team player who enjoys working across time zones and cultures
- An opportunity to make a significant contribution to the field of sustainability at a growing company with a strong social mission
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment
- A shared mission to drive accountability and responsible behavior of companies, thus creating positive change
- A company that embraces diversity, because life would be boring if we were all the same!
Please note that at this time we will only consider candidates who have or can independently obtain a valid work permit for Switzerland.