Medical Device Support Engineer (m/w/d)
For our international medical partner, Roche Diagnostics Int Ltd based in Rotkreuz, we are looking for a qualified and motivated Medical Device Support Engineer for 8 months with option for extension.
Roche Diagnostics International Ltd in Rotkreuz is one of the world’s leading providers of diagnostic system solutions for clinics, laboratories and doctors’ offices. We are a culturally diverse team with many years of professional experience within and outside Roche. Our primary focus is to provide second level support for cobas(R) 6800 & 8800 Systems. These systems are increasingly used for COVID-19 PCR testing across the globe. We accomplish our daily responsibilities with strong collaboration and a OneRoche mindset. Our purpose is to deliver excellent customer service, improve product performance, while maintaining high regulatory compliance. We are looking for an experienced Engineer (temporary position) to join our team based in Rotkreuz, Switzerland. You will be responsible for timely resolution of technical product complaints escalated by the Roche regional service teams for the cobas 6800 & cobas 8800 Systems.
- Full accountability for the timely management and resolution of individual customer complaints
- Determine and provide workarounds where appropriate
- Collaborate with investigation teams to ensure a fast & efficient root cause analysis
- Regular and active communication with the case initiator and other relevant stakeholders in a proactive and timely manner
- Collaborate with stakeholders (regional service teams, business representatives, quality departments, R&D, Manufacturing) to initiate temporary and permanent issue resolution
- Document investigation and outcome of the individual complaints according to regulation.
- Academic degree in Engineering (IT, Biomedical, Electronics, Electrical, etc).
- 2 to 6 years of professional experience in technical support, product development, testing (e.g. robotics, automation, medical devices, etc)
- 2 to 6 years of professional experience in software development/support (e.g .NET, Oracle/MSSQL, Linux scripting)
- First experience within a Technical customer support
- First experience with translating technical problems to customer language
- First experience within medical device industry or related areas are a plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and business acumen.
- Ability to learn new & complex systems and technologies quickly, with minimal supervision
- High technical orientation and hands on approach
- Ability to handle multiple complaints in parallel
- Customer focus and high sense of urgency to drive cases to a timely resolution and closure
- Positive attitude, good sense of humor and ability to work independently as well as in team
- Excellent spoken and written English is a must; additional languages is a plus.
Are you interested? Do not hesitate and submit your complete application documents online today.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of gender, social origin, religion/belief, age or identity.
We also process applications by post, but will not return them for administrative reasons. We look forward to hearing from you!