As a Software Engineer, being a member of the IT Engineering & Development team of Cembra, you will actively participate in all stages of the software development lifecycle mainly focusing on requirements’ engineering, software design and development activities for the Bank’s existing and new mobile applications. You will be responsible for providing the design, development, configuration and maintenance for changes on existing apps and for introducing new apps and interfaces with other systems. You will be developing highly complex applications with the goal of streamlining business operations and improving overall user and/or customer experience. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong desire to increase efficiency and make an impact while creatively collaborate and execute team goals contributing to the Bank’s vision.
Mobile / Full Stack Software Engineer
- Work with experienced engineers to design and develop new mobile applications and/or modules
- Undertake the technical ownership of Cembra Money Bank’s Mobile Application(s)
- Integrate with the existing applications portfolio as well as third parties’ software
- Contribute towards the timely completion of development tasks for change initiatives and projects
- Liaise with production support and operations teams for Troubleshooting of production software and bug fixing (level 3 support)
- Maintain the highest code quality standards
- Willing to understand all aspects, functional/business and technical, of the applications on which you work on so that you can be greatly effective
- Continually learn and apply relevant software development practices, patterns, tools and technologies and actively contribute to the Bank’s technical selections/decisions
- Master or Bachelor in Computer Science (or equivalent degree)
- 5+ years experience of mobile application development (Kotlin for Android & Swift for iOS) and experience with CI/CD systems
- Web technologies (SOAP, Rest) and Microservice (MSA) architecture and strong understanding of software design patterns & object oriented principles
- A solid grasp on software engineering practices (e.g. thorough code reviews, unit tests, deep focus on quality, design documentation)
- Knowledge of Java applications servers (WAS, JBoss, Tomcat), Kubernetes, relational databases and also working experience with common networking, infrastructure, operating systems and security fundamentals is considered a plus
- Team player who quickly and easily adapts to changing situations and is willing to take end-to-end ownership of tasks and responsibilities while displaying genuine commitment
- Good communication skills and an open style to provide transparency to management
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
Cembra is a leading Swiss provider of financing solutions
and services. Our product range includes consumer finance products such as personal loans and auto leases and loans, credit cards and the insurance sold with these products, SME loans, invoice financing as well as deposit and savings products.
We have our headquarters in Zurich-Altstetten and operate across Switzerland through our network of branches, online distribution, as well as credit card partners, independent intermediaries and car dealers.
We have over 1 million customers in Switzerland and employ more than 1,000 people from 40 different countries. In September 2019, we successfully completed our takeover of consumer credit provider cashgate. We have been listed as an independent Swiss bank on the SIX Swiss Exchange since October 2013.
Direct applications only can be considered.