Senior Production Support Analyst
Overview of business area or project:
This role is within the International Trading Systems (ITS) organisation, supporting a global business based out of Switzerland. We own, support and act as the gatekeepers of the Production environment for Trading & Sales systems used globally around the clock by thousands of users ranging from Internal users (Relationship Managers, Credit Risk Managers) and Traders to External Clients (Individual investors and Large Institutions trading electronically). We are looking for people who have strong technical skills, strong problem solving and investigating skills and excellent communication and user facing skills.
Primarily, this role will be responsible for providing day-to-day 2nd Level Technical Support on a wide variety of software applications used across the Bank’s Trading & Sales businesses. Your role includes working on incidents and problems as well as contributing to the team’s delivery to our business clients and technical stakeholders. Your solutions will directly benefit our internal users and external clients. This is an excellent opportunity to further a career in technology through a challenging role responsible for supporting critical software.
Key tasks include:
- In this position you build and maintain positive relationships with our key partners particularly with the business users and application development to provide a single point of contact for IT issues in this space
- You investigate current issues in order to provide our business with solutions or workarounds to minimise business impact and especially external client impact
- You coordinate with other IT teams to resolve complex issues across systems owned by different departments
- You are responsible for root cause analysis to ensure issues are permanently fixed in order to improve the quality of our platform and the user/client experience
- You lead major incident resolution to ensure that incidents which may have an adverse impact are appropriately resolved
- Last but not least you drive improvements across software applications including monitoring and automation
- There is on call rota that deals with out of hours critical incidents (this is just an on-call service – not night shift)
Overview of the department / team (team size, backgrounds, personalities …):
The current team size is 15 and is planned to grow by approx. 60%. We are a dynamic diverse team with team members from various cultural backgrounds.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
High Pressure environment that requires the candidate to be able to understand the business flows and the business impact and to properly prioritize issues and workload
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 Years or more experience of working as a Senior Support team member in a complex heterogeneous IT infrastructure environment, in a high pressure, demanding area such as Banking / Trading
- Strong technical skills on Unix (e.g. handling files, searching logs, checking processes), Databases / SQL (Oracle / Sybase / Microsoft SQL), Windows Server and good understanding of Network
- Strong analytical skills and Problem Solving Skills
- Strong listening & spoken communication skills in English and strong client facing skills
- Good understanding of Business Flows in the financial sector (Equities, FX, Structured Products, etc.)
- Bachelor (or higher) degree in Science, an equivalent education or equivalent experience
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in supporting High Criticality Trading Systems in the Financial Sector
- Knowledge of German or Italian
Candidate Value Proposition:
We are a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. We have expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients. Join us and let’s shape the future together.
This is an excellent opportunity to further a career in technology through a challenging role as part of our team responsible for supporting critical business flows and software.
If you think this could be the right role for you, please feel free to apply online or please contact Agnieszka Wojcik directly (Click to send email / +41 44 296 88 41).
- Harvey Nash AG
+41 44 296 8844
- Click to send email