Senior Solution Sales Specialist (gn)
Today SoftwareONE is a global leader in software and cloud portfolio management and is modernizing the way organizations budget and optimize their global IT spend from on-premises to the cloud. Our 5,500 technology experts located across 80+ countries work on over a 1,000 Technology Projects globally.
We provide customers with the right advice on their Technology Roadmap towards the cloud or optimizing the Business-outcome of a cloud-based landscape. With our PyraCloud platform, applying machine learning, delivering the visibility, insight, automation and control customers demand to maximize their software investments.
In tandem, our Software Lifecycle Management (SLM) services provide the methodology and framework to optimize the underlying IT infrastructure, accelerate cloud adoption and minimize compliance risk. With our dynamic leadership and driven business strategy SoftwareONE is one of the fastest growing technology solution providers in the world with elite partnerships with Microsoft, AWS, Adobe, IBM, VMware, Oracle, Citrix, Red Hat, Trend Micro and many more.
Senior Solution Sales Specialist (gn)
Solution Sales Specialists/ Solution Architects provide support during the generation of sales leads, e.g., as a technical evangelist for marketing activities, including speaking/presenter engagements at conferences, conventions, user groups, webinars, etc.
Usually, they take responsibility for business opportunities that have already been qualified by Customer Business Development Managers. Together, they work to identify the customer’s actual goals and needs as well as decision structures, preferences regarding time and budget, as well as the competitive situation.
Through this and thanks to their excellent subject matter expertise, (Senior) Solution Sales Specialists design an ideal solution for the customer based on the existing procurement service portfolio. This also includes the initial estimate and structure of prices that they present to customers in an initial proposal. If this proposal is accepted, they will make an appropriate statement of work and.
Solution Sales Specialists/Solution Architects remain responsible until the business opportunity is contracted and bring their knowledge to every activity. They then ensure a smooth handover to the service delivery teams. They will also continue to support afterward if necessary, e.g., as part of change management.
- Has excellent understanding of and experience in selling IT services to corporate and enterprise customers in Switzerland
- Has know-how of IT Asset Management and the licensing metrics and contracts of major software vendors like Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, SAP, Adobe, Citrix and VMware the essential licensing knowledge about other tier-1 and tier-2 publishers as well
- Has a broad range of IT knowledge covering typical workplace, datacenter and cloud IT architectures / components and has a fair understanding of Data Protection and Security topics
- Collects and analyses organizational, technical and commercial customer requirements, analyzes existing business processes and identifies improvement potentials along the value chain of software licenses
- Discusses measures and mechanisms plus actions to improve or design a suitable solution for the customer covering the requirements and enabling defined business outcomes
- Has proven sales oriented knowledge for at least one of the SAM Tool Technologies of Snow, Flexera, ServiceNow
- Works very close with the delivery team and designs tailor made SLM service solutions for the customer in terms of pricing and scope, consisting of standardized and individual modules and options
- Has experience working with or understanding of Managed Service Providers, Outsourcers, or Systems Integrators.
- Has a background in ITIL, Service Management, IT Asset Management, IT Management and software procurement
- Being a proficient user of German and English is mandatory
- Additional language skills are welcome, in particular French and Italian
Support with the generation of leads
- Knows how to conduct and advertise appealing webinars and creates external content like blog-articles from time to time
- Is used to speaking freely in front of larger groups
- Supports account planning workshops with various specialists and combines the respective findings into a strategy; ensures the subsequent execution of the strategy
- Can anticipate the requirements in a conversation (e.g., on the phone) and directly calculate a rough order of magnitude (ROM) and a very rough business case
- Leads complex workshops with board-level participation
- Can create a tailor-made solution for the customer in terms of pricing and scope of services, consisting of standardized and individual modules
- Knows not only the challenges of customers but also their markets; uses this knowledge to give customers new insights
Calculation of business cases
- Divides a solution into parts, estimates the best case and worst-case incl. underlying assumptions, discusses the result with the customer aiming for realistic budget and effort estimates
- Can present and monetarily quantify the value (e.g., cost-saving or risk minimization) of the solution for customers and incorporates this into an ROI calculation
- Understands the impact of service and contract types on revenue and profits; uses this knowledge early in the sales process to shape the solution accordingly
- Negotiates milestones and related payments
- Uses professional presentations, but can also use ad-hoc visualizations with analog/digital whiteboard to respond to the situation
Management & Leadership
- Can explain well and transfer his knowledge to others
- Is familiar with the most important economic terms and procedures
- Implements innovative ideas independently and goes above and beyond
- Can empathize with others and thus solve conflicts
- Has the ability to handle assigned tasks almost independently to highest quality standards (logic, concept, content, writing, layout and presentation).
- Role requires absolute confidentiality, loyalty and integrity