To write profitable FI business in line with the underwriting plan, using professional judgment to achieve the
target premium revenue, return on premium and business growth, manage the day-to-day operations of the
FI book in Zurich. Whilst operating in line with the underwriting manual and general compliance/regulatory
and Company procedures. Additionally, manage and grow distribution by enhancing broker relationships at
a line of business level and implement and effectively monitor business initiatives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Underwrite profitable business in accordance with business plans.
– Develop broker and client relationships to optimise opportunities to lead business, arranging or attending
regular meetings, presentations and events.
– Seek to grow market share by increasing awareness of technical expertise with outside parties.
– Identify future areas of business opportunity and develop plan for growth to be reviewed and agreed by
the CUO (Financial Lines).
– Support the CUO (Financial Lines) in producing a FI team business strategy for approval by the Head
of Casualty, CUO (Zurich) and the Board.
ROLE HOLDER SPECIFICATION:
– 10 years’ experience in the Zurich Market;
– Advanced knowledge of specific class of business;
– Market wordings and clauses;
– Reinsurance practices;
– Up-to-date knowledge of claims activity and handling to inform future underwriting decisions;
– Sound appreciation of the global insurance and reinsurance market;
– Current book of business and risk appetite;
– Levels of authority and associated authorisation processes; and
– Underwriting manual, pricing/rating tools and slip and file construction.
– Advanced numeracy;
– Analytical and problem solving skills;
– Negotiation, judgment and decision making ability;
– Business development and marketing skills;
– Professional business writing and presentation skills;
– Team and individual management skills and practices; and
– Technical coaching/training skills.
– Fluent Germand and English skills.
Interested? Looking forward to receiving your application.