Technical Writer (m/f/d)
For our international partner, Roche Diagnostics International Ltd. based in Rotkreuz, we are looking for a qualified and motivated Technical Writer until the end of 2021 with option for extension.
Within the Global Customer Support (GCS) organization, the Roche Molecular Diagnostics Documentation Department provides user and service documentation for diagnostic devices in areas including virology, blood screening, microbiology and oncology. The list of deliverables includes a wide range of printed and electronic documents, such as User Guides, Quick Start Guides, Service Manuals, and award-winning User Assistance.
- Writes and updates user documentation in English for Roche systems, while respecting project requirements and documentation standards
- Plans, develops, organizes, and edits procedures for user documentation
- Independently collects information required to produce the outputs
- Cooperates closely with documentation project managers, service personnel, trainers, developers, and other subject matter experts
- Organizes documentation reviews by subject matter experts, and implements their input
- Ensures that quality targets, timelines, and regulatory requirements are respected
- Is enthusiastic about technical writing and contributes to frequent discussions aimed at the continuous Improvement of our processes and guidelines
- Might manage localization projects (for software and documentation) in close collaboration with software Development, translation agencies and country organizations
- Consults or trains vendors and affiliates on software tools and processes used
- Proven experience in technical writing, preferably in a diagnostics business environment
- Proven experience with Adobe Framemaker (XML-based) or a similar authoring tool
- Knowledge of multimedia tools and processes used in state-of-the-art technical documentation
- Excellent spoken and written command of English (native speaker or equivalent level)
- Ability to communicate in an international environment with subject matter experts from different functional areas
- Willingness to travel
- German understanding, since part of the documentation, will be in German (also working with German-speaking teams)
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Schema ST4 or similar Component Content Management System
- Familiarity with laboratory systems and environments
- Experience in minimalistic and topic-oriented writing
- Familiarity with hardware and software development processes
Are you interested? Do not hesitate and submit your complete application documents online today.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of gender, social origin, religion/belief, age or identity.
We also process applications by post, but will not return them for administrative reasons. We look forward to hearing from you.